The Building Construction Science Program held the Third Annual Awards & Recognition Banquet on Friday, May 10, 2013. Friends, supporters and alumni joined the students, faculty and guests for the event, held at The Ritz in West Point.
The event has been sponsored for five years by Billy Painter, Vice President for the Construction Division of Regions Insurance Group Inc.
The banquet honored scholarship and award recipients in the program as well as this year’s graduating seniors.
Class of 2013:
The recipient of the Director’s Medallion is a fourth-year student chosen by the faculty and director. Selection criteria include academic effort, participation, leadership abilities, strong moral character and a concern with the sustainability of the program. He or she must work diligently in the classroom, participate in BCS extracurricular activities and be a role model to students.
2013 Director’s Medallion Recipient: Bo Walters
Students of the Year:
One student from each studio level is selected as the Student of the Year based on Academic Performance. The student with the highest Grade Point Average at the conclusion of the fall semester receives this award.
First-Year: Jackson Parker
Second-Year: Allie Salas, second-time recipient
Third-Year: Devin Compher, third-time recipient
Fourth-Year: Adam Moore , third-time recipient
• Abbey Burnett Bridges Endowed Scholarship ($1,000): Devin Compher
• Associated Builders and Contractors Scholarship ($1,000): Joseph Witherspoon
• Hearin Foundation (renewal, $5,000 each): Savannah Harvey, Allie Salas
• Boral Bricks Scholarships ($1,000 each): Savannah Harvey, Josh Moore
• Chip & Jennifer Crane Endowed Scholarship ($1,000): Josh Rushing
• Kline Mechanical Systems Annual Scholarship ($1,000): Owen McVitty
• State Board of Contractors Scholarships ($2,000): Owen McVitty
• State Board of Contractors Scholarships ($1,000 each): Josh Moore, Josh Rushing